Orange Juice Jello

I'm hoping to try this with some other flavors soon (maybe strawberry)...but, for now, here's the original...


Ingredients:
  • 4 cups orange juice (or you can use any other juices you like)
  • 2 tbsp. gelatin (I like the red/unflavored Great Lakes brand gelatin)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2-4 tbsp. honey (this is optional...but I think it's too tart without some sweetener added. I used 2 tbsp. this last time and it was fine...but some might like it a bit sweeter)
Directions:
  1. Bring 1 cup orange juice up to a simmer. Add the honey and stir until dissolved/mixed. 
  2. Make a slurry with the gelatin and water (you want the water close to room temperature).
  3. Add the slurry to the honey/juice mixture. Stir until incorporated.
  4. Pour the mixture into a bowl with the remaining 3 cups of orange juice. Stir. 
  5. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (just check until done...or leave to set overnight).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup