Homeschooling Materials
I got the rest of the books I wanted to complete out my homeschooling curriculum this morning. Yay!
I've got a few more items I'd like to buy (some supplementary math, some supplementary history books, etc.), but all the basics are there. I'm so excited to begin.
Here's a picture of everything I have thus far:
I've already started my 4 y/o and 3 y/o with First Language Lessons and The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading and am excited to start an official math program with them...even if they already seemingly know a good bit of it (we will skip ahead when/if we need to).
For right now, I'm really excited about homeschooling them. They've been doing great thus far with the minimal reading/writing/math we've done at home, and I hope they'll continue the enthusiasm as we progress into more subject areas.
I'm such a dork...and my husband's been thinking I'm weird for it...but I've already started a list cross-referencing the different books within each subject so that when it comes to the actual lesson time, I won't have to think about what I'm going to cover or worry (as much) about forgetting some added tidbit in another of the books. I'm hoping to have my "master list" finished before we leave on vacation in June so that we can start an official program including all the different subjects when we return. :)
I've got a few more items I'd like to buy (some supplementary math, some supplementary history books, etc.), but all the basics are there. I'm so excited to begin.
Here's a picture of everything I have thus far:
I've already started my 4 y/o and 3 y/o with First Language Lessons and The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading and am excited to start an official math program with them...even if they already seemingly know a good bit of it (we will skip ahead when/if we need to).
For right now, I'm really excited about homeschooling them. They've been doing great thus far with the minimal reading/writing/math we've done at home, and I hope they'll continue the enthusiasm as we progress into more subject areas.
I'm such a dork...and my husband's been thinking I'm weird for it...but I've already started a list cross-referencing the different books within each subject so that when it comes to the actual lesson time, I won't have to think about what I'm going to cover or worry (as much) about forgetting some added tidbit in another of the books. I'm hoping to have my "master list" finished before we leave on vacation in June so that we can start an official program including all the different subjects when we return. :)
Comments
Post a Comment