Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs and Veggies
I generally try to post things that are more complex or unusual...but today's recipe is easy peasy. 100% gluten free, casein free. For paleo, omit the potatoes (or use sweet potatoes if you allow those). Serves 4-6.
Ingredients:
I like to serve this with roasted vegetables (generally potatoes and carrots)...and I make them as follows:
Ingredients:
Serve and enjoy.
Ingredients:
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat (or other oil/fat...I've also done these using ghee, butter, and olive oil), melted
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the chicken thighs (with skin down) in a 13x9 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Drizzle with some bacon fat. Sprinkle with half of the spices.
- Flip the pieces over (so skin side up now), drizzle with the remaining bacon fat and sprinkle the rest of the spices on them.
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes...or until cooked through.
I like to serve this with roasted vegetables (generally potatoes and carrots)...and I make them as follows:
Ingredients:
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat (or other oil/fat), melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- Place the cut vegetables into a 13x9 cake pan (you can cover the pan with foil first to make the cleanup easier if you like).
- Drizzle with the oil and spices and toss lightly with your fingers so everything's coated.
- Cook for about 45 minutes in a 375F oven...or until the carrots are cooked through, stirring every 15-20 minutes to minimize sticking.
Serve and enjoy.
Comments
Post a Comment