GFCF Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe was adapted from "Chocolate Chip Cookie #10" by Alton Brown. Makes about 12-18 cookies. Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you want more. I don't like to make too many as I already end up eating more than I should. lol This recipe is NOT primal/paleo...but is gluten free, casein free (GFCF).


Ingredients:
  • slightly less than 1 cup of gluten free all purpose flour (take about 2 tbsp. worth of flour out of the one cup measuring cup)
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2.67 oz. ghee (and yes I did measure it with a scale; though it should be about 1/3 cup), melted and slightly cooled
  • 1 egg, beaten (If you decide to double or triple the recipe, you might just want to use the yolks...as the eggs will add quite a bit of moisture to the mix. You could always save the whites and add a bit of them in if you feel the dough isn't moist enough.)
  • 1/4 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract
  • 4 oz. (about 1/2 cup) of gluten free, casein free chocolate chips (I used the "Enjoy Life" brand)

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
  2. Mix the sugar, brown sugar, ghee, egg, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. 
  3. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt slowly; mixing until they just come together. 
  4. Add the chocolate chips and mix until spread fairly evenly throughout. Avoid over-mixing...it doesn't have to be perfect.
  5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a foil-covered cookie sheet and bake for about 7-10 minutes, until barely browned around the edges (NOTE: I like my cookies to be a nice mix of chewy and crunchy. If you want them more crunchy, bake them for longer. If you want more chewy, take them out even earlier.)
  6. Enjoy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup