Road trip 2012

For my husband's vacation this year, we took a road trip down to visit family in Southeast Texas. For those of you that don't know, that's AT LEAST a 26 hour drive (SLC, UT to Beaumont, TX)...plus more when you have 3 children under the age of 5. Needless to say, the drive was not pleasant.

Because my husband and I are INSANE, we drove there without stopping to rest...which meant a total of 30 hours on the road and in the car. We left Utah at about 8a.m. and arrived at our destination in Texas at about 2p.m. the following day. We only stopped to eat and use the restroom. On the way back, we drove from Houston to Amarillo, TX (about 12 hours with stops), spent the night, then drove the remaining distance (which was about 16 hours with stops) the next day...which was still slightly insane...but less insane than our non-stop trip there. Our 3 children (ages 4, 3, and 1) did surprisingly well on the road...though I doubt they'll be up for another road trip for quite a while. lol 

I must admit it was nice seeing family and old friends that I hadn't seen in a long time, but the trip just reinforced that I absolutely DO NOT miss the SE Texas humidity. You couldn't go outside for more than 5 minutes without feeling like you needed to shower again. It was miserable. There are many things that I dislike about Utah, but the dry air is not one of them.

Anyway, being there was nice. It was great seeing the kids interact with their grandparents and cousins. We had an early birthday party for my youngest while we were there too. She's the first of my children to have ever had family present at a birthday party...which was nice. I often miss having family around during holidays/birthdays...since it's usually just us (me, my husband, and our 3 kids) and a few friends that we've made here in Utah.

I enjoyed seeing everyone down there and can only hope I convinced some of our friends down there to come visit us up here someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup