Homemade Beef Jerky

This is the basic recipe...
http://www.paleoplan.com/2011/03-30/jerky-all-kinds/

I used grass fed round steak cut as thinly as I could cut it. I put it in a gallon ziploc bag, poured about 1 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper on it. Then I added about equal amounts of Worchestershire sauce and gluten free soy sauce (I would guess it was 1/4-1/2 cup of each...just enough to cover all the meat...which was about 3 lbs. worth), pushed out the air as much as possible, closed the bag, and marinated it overnight. Then, I set my oven to "Warm" (which according to my thermometer is about 180F) and let it cook for 3 1/2 hours (it was plenty done already by then because it was so thin). Oh...and I cooked it on cooling racks placed on a foiled cookie sheet instead of straight on the oven rack as suggested in the above link.

My eldest daughter (who is 4 and never eats all the meat on her plate when we have steaks or other "chewy" meats where you have to chew like a cow to eat them) keeps asking for more. I believe it is a hit. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup