AIP Spaghetti "Hash"
This is an autoimmune protocol paleo version...but if you're not strictly AIP, you could add (or substitute) other veggies in...like potatoes, tomatoes, or peppers. They would all go well in this.
Serves 8-10.
Optional: For more flavor, you could also add other herbs (thyme, sage would go well...even chili powder if you prefer some heat) and/or less broth and more of other liquids (red wine vinegar, Marsala wine, etc. would go well). Mushrooms would also go well in this...though I don't generally use them. I like to keep the recipes I post simplistic, but there are lots of different variations you could make with this dish.
Serves 8-10.
Ingredients:
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 5-6 carrots, diced
- 4 zucchini squash, diced
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 leaves of kale, chopped
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, to taste (I'd estimate I used about 2 tbsp.)
Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the spaghetti squash skin side down in a baking pan. Salt the squash and fill the pan with 1/4" of water. Bake for about an hour until the squash flakes easily from the skin with a fork.
- Place the butternut squash, carrots, zucchini, spinach, kale, ground beef, broth, and lime juice in a large stock pot and brown for a bit. Add the beef broth and salt, and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for about 30-45 minutes...until the meat is browned and the carrots are cooked through.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from its skin and add it to the ground beef mixture. Stir thoroughly, salt more if needed, and serve.
Optional: For more flavor, you could also add other herbs (thyme, sage would go well...even chili powder if you prefer some heat) and/or less broth and more of other liquids (red wine vinegar, Marsala wine, etc. would go well). Mushrooms would also go well in this...though I don't generally use them. I like to keep the recipes I post simplistic, but there are lots of different variations you could make with this dish.
Comments
Post a Comment