Primal/GFCF Banana Cinnamon Muffins

I used this recipe as a base for these (http://friskylemon.com/2011/02/05/a-taste-of-summer-coconut-blueberry-muffins/)...but as I didn't have any blueberries, I had to improvise a little. I had to triple the recipe to feed my small army (tripling it made about 18 muffins)...but, as is, the recipe makes about 6 muffins. I'm not a big fan of primal/paleo baked goods for the most part...but these were pretty tasty. My children all LOVED them.


Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil or ghee (or some other fat), melted
  • 2 tbsp. GF, unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 5 tbsp. water (or coconut milk if you prefer)
  • 1 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Prep muffin tins (grease them or use muffin liners).
  2. Whisk the eggs until thoroughly mixed and stream in the melted coconut oil/ghee. 
  3. Add the salt and vanilla.
  4. Add the honey. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar). 
  6. Add in the water (or coconut milk) 1 tbsp. at a time until the desired consistency (I liked mine slightly runny...and used the equivalent of about 5 tbsp. for the regular 6 muffin recipe). 
  7. Mix in the banana and cinnamon. 
  8. Fill the muffin cups. These won't rise much, so I did them pretty well to the tops of the liners.
  9. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until slightly browned on top and they look set (no longer liquid-looking).
Personally, I like to make these the night before and have them ready for breakfast the next day...but I'm sure they'd be tasty hot as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup