Bunless Bacon Burgers and Baked Fries

As always, you can do whatever kind of potatoes you like...and add anything else you would want (tomatoes, etc.). Serves 8.


Ingredients:
  • about 2-3/4 lbs. of 85% lean ground beef
  • 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 slices bacon, cut in half
  • lettuce and whatever other burger toppings you like
  • 2 tsp. salt 
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 3/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 5 Yukon gold potatoes (or whatever you prefer), peeled and sliced into matchsticks
  • 4 tbsp. bacon fat, ghee, coconut oil, or some other fat

Directions:
  1. Line 2 - 13x9 baking sheets or cake pans with aluminum foil. Toss the potatoes with 3 tbsp. of the bacon fat, 2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 3/4 tsp. paprika. Put into a 400-450F oven for about 30 minutes, stirring at least once halfway through to minimize sticking. When cooked through and slightly browned, remove and set aside to cool.
  2. Mix the ground beef with about 1-1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and divide into 8 patties. I like to flatten them out to about 1/2 inch thick with my palm. They're usually about 5 inches in diameter before cooking and about 3-1/2 inches in diameter once cooked.
  3. Cook mushrooms in the remaining 1 tbsp. of bacon fat in a medium-sized skillet until done, adding about 1/2 tsp. salt to season. Remove and set aside.
  4. Cook 2 pieces of bacon fat in the same skillet until done to your preference. Remove and set aside.
  5. Cook the burgers 2 at a time in the same skillet, though if they're crowded, do one at a time. After the first 4 burgers, cook the remaining bacon pieces before cooking the last 4 burgers. I usually cook mine over medium heat (my stove top runs hot, I think), with the lid on but not completely covering the whole skillet (so some heat can escape) for about 3-5 minutes/side. I never really time it though...basically, I check on it every minute or two and when the side of the burger facing you is no longer totally pink, I flip it; and when the side facing you then is no longer blowing blood bubbles at you (the juices should run clear), I remove it. That seems to work for me; but just guessing at the time, I'd say it was about 4 minutes/side. lol
  6. Wash/chop/prepare whatever veggies you like to normally eat with hamburgers. Fix your plate and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Pork Ribs

Get Results

Hearty Chicken Soup